The ASX200 is eyeing a fall of 0.2% at the open.
People in the UK will be the first to receive the Pfizer BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine today, as the roll-out kicks off in England.
The iron ore price continued its push up 2% to US$144, another new 7-year high as China continues to produce 90 million tonnes of steel a month.
What to watch today:
- With the iron ore rally, keep an eye on Champion Iron (ASX:CIA), Mount Gibson (ASX:MGX), Mineral Resources (ASX:MIN), Fortescue Metals (ASX:FMG), Rio Tinto (ASX:RIO) and BHP (ASX:BHP).
- Bank of Queensland (ASX:BOQ) holds its AGM today.
- NAB business confidence will be released today.
Local trading ideas:
- With the oil price pulling back, keep an eye on energy companies. Bell Potter’s picks are Byron Energy (ASX:BYE), Cooper Energy (ASX:COE) and Senex Energy (ASX:SXY).
- Overnight UBS reiterated Santos (ASX:STO) as a Buy with a $6.60 target.
- PainChek (ASX:PCK), Atomos (ASX:AMS) and Codan (ASX:CDA) are all showing bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.