Aussie shares are likely to lift 0.6% to kick off the week, hopefully erasing Friday’s 0.6% fall.
80,000 Pfizer vaccine doses arrive in Australia this week to be stored at -70 degrees with DHL ready to despatch.
What to watch today:
- In the wake of restrictions, we could see further earnings squeezes in travel stocks like Transurban Group (ASX:TCL), Webjet (ASX:WEB), Flight Centre (ASX:FLT) and Qantas (ASX:QAN).
- Crown Resorts (ASX:CWN) shares look likely to continue their slide.
- Company results today: JB Hi FI (ASX:JBH), Bendigo and Adelaide Bank (ASX:BEN), Aurizon Holdings (ASX:AZJ), Cooper Energy (ASX:COE), Beach Energy (ASX:BPT) and QBE Insurance (ASX:QBE).
- Keep an eye on some of the most traded stocks from Friday including: Ioupay (ASX:IOU) which rose 158%, BARD1 Life Sciences (ASX:BD1) which rose 177% and Douugh (ASX:DOU) which gained 47%.
- Economic front: New home sales out today and unemployment figures are out on Thursday.
- Citi reiterated Baby Bunting (ASX:BBN) as a buy. BBN’s new target is $6.22
- Mirvac (ASX:MGR) was reiterated as a buy by UBS albeit with a slimmer $2.76 target following its results.
- Hansen Technologies (ASX:HSN), Evolve Education (ASX:EVO) and RPMGlobal Holdings (ASX:RUL) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.