Aussie share market futures are eyeing a 0.9% lift at the open, following global equities.
U.S and European markets rallied ahead overnight, despite Hong Kong being threatened as a financial hub and now no longer being autonomous from China.
Trading ideas for today:
- Bell Potter upgraded PointsBet (ASX:PBH) as a speculative buy, with a target of $7.00, implying a 31% share price growth from $5.35.
- Virgin Money (ASX:VUK) was upgraded by Bell Potter with a $1.90 price target, implying a 4% growth from yesterday’s close.
- Treasury Wines (ASX:TWE) was reiterated as a UBS buy with a $14.80 price target, implying a 52% growth from its close at $9.69 yesterday.
Investors will be watching:
- Companies going ex-dividend today – Orica (ASX:ORI), Qualitas (ASX:QRI), TechnologyOne (ASX:TNE) and Investec (ASX:IAP).
- Private capital spending data is out for the first quarter and is expected to fall 2.6% following the prior 2.8% fall.
- Senate Select Committee meeting on COVID-19 in Parliament at 10.00 am AEST