The Aussie share market is set to open lower, with the futures suggesting a fall of 0.3%.
What to watch today:
- The iron ore price rose 3% to US$144.83, while copper rose 0.8%. The oil price fell 1% to US$69, as US jobs grew at their slowest pace in 7 months, due to a surge in COVID-19 infections.
- Companies going ex-dividend today: Ramsay Health Care (ASX:RHC), Australian Finance Group (ASX:AFG), Altium (ASX:ALU), Australian Securities Exchange (ASX:ASX), Northern Star Resources (ASX: NST), Orora (ASX:ORA) and Sandfire Resources (ASX:SFR).
- The most traded stocks by Bell Direct clients on Friday were Fortescue Metals (ASX:FMG) and BHP (ASX:BHP).
- In economic news, ANZ job advertisements for August will be released today, the RBA will meet on Tuesday for the first time this month, and business confidence data will be released on Wednesday.
- Visioneering (ASX:VTI) was rated for the first time by Bell Potter as a Speculative BUY, with a price target of $1.31, implying 33% share price growth in a year.
- Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS), Hastings Technology Metals (ASX:HAS) and Volpara Health Technologies (ASX:VHT) are all giving off bullish charting signals, according to Trading Central.