Identity documentation & certification

We need to verify your identity to open your trading account

If we can’t check your identity electronically, simply provide us with CERTIFIED copies of your identification as outlined below.

1. How we can establish your identity

To verify the identity of each account holder, we need to check their full name, DOB and address against certified identification bearing these details. It also needs to include the signature and picture of each person.

In order to do that, we require you to provide us with a certified copy of either:

  • current Australian drivers licence for each applicant (bearing your current address), OR
  • current Australian passport + a copy of a utility bill or local government rates notice (bearing your current address).

2. How to certify a document?

To have your documents certified, simply follow these instructions:

The person certifying your documents needs to write: “I certify that I have seen the original documentation and that this copy is a complete and accurate copy of that original.”

He/she also needs to include the following details:

  • Full name
  • Signature
  • Capacity to certify (see below the list of people who can certify documents)
  • Certification date (must be in the last 2 years)

3. Who can certify your documents?

Here’s a list of all the people who can certify a copy of your documents:

A post office staff member- A permanent employee of the Australian Postal Corporation with two or more years of continuous service and employed in an office supplying postal services to the public;
Someone from the medical profession- A Pharmacist
- A Dentist
- A Medical Practitioner
- A Nurse
- An Optometrist
- A Physiotherapist
- A Psychologist
An accountant- A member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, Certified Practicing Accountants of Australia or the National Institute of Accountants with 2 or more years of continuous membership
Someone in a legal role- A Solicitor or Barrister (i.e. a person enrolled on the roll of the supreme court of a state or territory or the high court of Australia as a legal practitioner);
- A Judge of a Court;
- A Magistrate;
- A Chief Executive Officer of a Commonwealth Court;
- A Registrar or Deputy Registrar of a Court;
- A Notary Public (as in the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993);
Someone in a financial corporation (bank, building society, credit union, AFSL holders)- An officer with 5 or more continuous years of service with one or more financial institutions (as in the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993);
- A finance company officer with 5 or more continuous years of service with one or more finance companies (as in the Statutory Declaration Regulations 1993);
- An officer with an Australian Financial Services License (AFSL), an authorised representative of an AFSL, or a holder of an AFSL, having 2 or more continuous years service with one or more licensees.
Someone from the police
- A Police Officer
Someone who is a JP- A Justice of the Peace
Someone from a diplomatic service - An Australian Consular Officer (Consul-General, Consul, Vice-Consul, trade representative or Consular Agent);
- An Australian Diplomatic Officer (Ambassador, High Commissioner, Minister, Head of a mission, Commissioner, Chargé D’affaires, Counsellor, Secretary or Attaché at an embassy, High Commissioner’s office, Legation or other post) according to the Consular Fees Act 1955;

Please note that non-English documents must be accompanied by an English translation prepared by an accredited translator.

4. What to do next?

Send us a picture or a scan of your certified copies by email at or by post: GPO Box 1630, Sydney, NSW, 2001.

After reviewing them, we’ll open your trading account.