Can't see the answer you're looking for below? Ask a question here or call our client support team on 1300 786 199.
mFund is the settlement service provided by ASX to enable investors to buy and sell units in unlisted managed funds directly with fund managers via their Bell Direct trading account.
The service uses CHESS settlement system to automate and track the process of buying (applying for) and selling (redeeming) units in managed funds. Investors’ holdings in these funds are held electronically and can be linked to the same HIN used to hold other investments transacted through ASX, such as shares.
Investing in managed funds with mFund is similar to investing in equities. Simply place an order online through our Managed Funds order pad. No need to provide any additional paperwork. Funds will settle through your existing Bell Cash Trust.
To invest, follow these 3 steps:
- You can either login to your account and research mFund products from the Managed Funds page, read the fund profile and the PDS; or to search by asset class, sector or other attributes, visit the ASX mFund page.
- When you’re ready to invest, choose the 'Managed Funds' option on the Order Pad and place your order online.
- Your new mFund units are transferred to your CHESS holdings and you’ll see them in your portfolio.
To sell your managed funds units, go to the Managed Funds order pad, choose the 'Sell' option and enter the quantity you plan to sell.
- For trades placed on Bell Direct website, the brokerage is $30 or 0.1%, whichever is greater
- For trades placed over the phone, the brokerage is $60 or 0.2%, whichever is greater