Can't see the answer you're looking for below? Ask a question here or call our client support team on 1300 786 199.

To open a trading account with us, you will need to be over 18 years old with an address in Australia.

Follow these simple steps​:

1. Join Bell Direct by clicking on the 'Open an account' button and enter the information needed. We will send a temporary password to your email address.

2. Once you have finished your online application, take a picture of your ID documents and your signed application form and email them to support@belldirect.com.au.

Alternatively, you can print and submit your completed documents and forms by:

  • Fax : +61 3 8663 2799
  • Snail mail at: Bell Direct, GPO Box 1630, Sydney NSW 2001

If your documents are complete, we will open your trading account in 3 working days.

New password

You may reset your Password on the 'Sign in' box by clicking on “reset password”.

Then type in your email address, click the “Reset” button and we will email a new password to you.

If your account has been locked, please call us on 1300 786 199 and we will assist with unlocking your account.


If you need a new PIN, please contact us on 1300 786 199.

To change your:

  • Contact details – email, mobile/phone/work/fax numbers and preferred method of contact: update them directly on My Account tab after login to your account 
  • Residential and postal address: visit the Forms & brochures page or login to your account and click on Forms in My Account tab to fill the 'Change of Address' form

Alternatively, contact us on 1300 786 199 for assistance. 

To add an authorised representative to enquire or trade on your account:

  • If you haven't opened an account yet, complete the 'Authorised Representative' section during the online account application process
  • If your account is already established, complete the Adding Authorised Representative form

Please note: you must provide identification for the authorised representative, such as a driver's license or passport.

Once added, authorised representatives on your account will have their own login details and will be ready to trade. 

Authorised representatives are unable to:

  • Suspend or close the account
  • Prohibit account holders from trading
  • Request stock transfers and conversions
  • Request funds transfer into or out of the trading account
  • Change registration details and the nominated bank account for the trading account

To revoke an authorised representative, you must provide us with written permission from all of the account holders.

You can upgrade or downgrade your information service level to choose between the Silver, Gold, Platinum and IRESS ViewPoint levels.

To change your information service subscription, login to your account at the top of the page, go to My account tab and click on Information Service.

A window will open where you can select your new subscription.

To transfer shares to your Bell Direct account, follow these steps:

1. Determine where the shares are held: at another broker or at a share registry.

2. Fill up the right transfer request form:

Your details at the other broker must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to complete an Off Market Transfer Request form (at a cost of $55).

Your details at the share registry must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to contact the share registry to change the details before submitting the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form.

All the request forms can be found on My account tab once you have logged in or on the Forms and brochures section on the registration page.

If you are in the process of opening a new account with us, you will have the option to transfer a HIN across during the online account setup process.

3. Send us your signed request form by:

Once we've received it we'll transfer the shares into your Bell Direct account within 3 days.

You can also watch our tutorial video:

You will need to complete and submit an Off Market Transfer Request form to change the shares you own from one name into another. The fee charged is $55.