A simply better approach to online investing.
Why we are Better
So what do you get with Bell Direct?
The more you trade the more you save
Your first 10 trades per month
$15 (up to $10,000)
$25 ($10,000+ to $25,000) | 0.1% ($25,000+)
Your 11th to 30th trades per month
$13 or 0.08%
Whichever is greater
Your 31st trade onwards per month
$10 or 0.08%
Whichever is greater
|Real broker research||FREE|
|One second guarantee||FREE|
|Comprehensive tax time reports||FREE|
|Delayed live data (20 minutes)||FREE|
|Live data per month (FREE after 5 trades per month)||$10.00|
|Live streaming data per month||$27.50|
|WebIRESS per month||$79.00|
Our competitors see you as a profit centre, not a customer. So imagine the difference if someone invested in you?
Our mission is to help Australians be better off.
What you can trade
We specialise in all ASX listed securities with a 1 second placement guarantee.
When you join Bell Direct you get access to daily market news and real broker research.
Whether you are starting out or you’re Gordon Gecko, we have a simply better solution.
New to Investing
Get started on your investing journey today. Share market trading can be a little intimidating at first. When you Join Bell Direct you will get access to resources to help you understand the world of online share trading, explore different investment classes and develop an investment strategy.
Bell Direct understand what tools the savvy investors need. We offer access to Direct Margin Lending, Platinum Live streaming and integrated IRESS viewpoint. We also offer advanced charting to help you visualise complex pricing data and technical indicators in a simple way.
Self Managed Super Funds
If you have an SMSF, shares are likely to be an important part of your investment strategy. When we thought of how to make your SMSF smarter, it made sense to give you value trades, research, tools and an administration service to look after all the paperwork.
What our customers think about us
Definitely recommend BD
Using Bell Direct has been a great experience and I’d recommend them highly. Their online platform has everything you need, their trading is competitively priced, and if you want to speak to someone it is easy to get in contact.
Trina – Melbourne, VIC
Start every morning with Bell Direct
I manage my own SMSF and spend most trading days keeping up to speed with Bell Direct. Lots of information and ideas and for a reasonable brokerage fee. A customer for over 10 years and have recommended Bell Direct to many friends.
Finching123 – Sydney, NSW
Great service and moderate cost
This broker is excellent for both traders and investors, with competitive brokerage rates, good research and communications and easy to navigate website. Reporting of trades is very prompt and tax reporting is excellent.
Ted – Sydney, NSW
Do you have any questions?
Questions some investors ask
You can generally start trading within:
– 3 working days if you have applied for a new holder identification number (HIN) for your trading account.
– 4 working days if you have requested for a HIN transfer across from your previous broker to your trading account.
We will contact you should we require any further information on your application.
Once the trading account has been activated, you can deposit funds into your Direct Investment Account. See how do this in the FAQ question below.
– Your ID details so we can verify your identity online (i.e. Australian passport or driver’s licence)
– Your bank account details (from an Australian bank)
– Tax File Number (optional)
– Company or trust documents if you are opening an SMSF, company or trust account
– Your HIN if you’re switching from another broker
You can deposit funds into your Direct Investment Account electronically by either:
BPay: simply use the Biller Code and your BPay Reference
Electronic transfer: use your BSB and Account Number
To find your deposit details:
- Click on the “My account” tab underneath the “My account” drop down button (this will be in the top right of your page)
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and you will see your ‘Trading account Information’.
- On the left hand side you can view the BPay Biller Code and Reference number as well as the BSB and Account Number for the Electronic Funds Transfer.
- Use either of these and you will be able to fund your Direct Investment Account.
Kindly note: You must first deposit funds into your trading account before you can start trading.
The timing of your funds deposit reaching your Direct Investment Account is dependent on your bank’s processing time.
If your deposit instruction was completed before your bank’s cut-off time, your funds will normally be in your Direct Investment Account the next business day. If your deposit instruction was completed after your bank’s cut-off time, your funds will normally be in your Direct Investment Account the following business day
To withdraw funds you simply:
- Click on the “Fund transfers” tab underneath the “My account” drop down button (this will be in the top right of your page)
- Or, within your trading account information (under “My account” in step 1 of finding your deposit details), you can click on “transfer funds out”.
- Then, just follow the steps, and you will be able to submit a funds transfer request online at anytime from your Direct Investment Account to your nominated bank account.
- Please enter your trading PIN to complete the fund transfer request.
Your available transfer balance takes into account your cash balance and any buys pending settlement and open buy orders you have at the time of processing your transfer request. If you have sell orders that are due for settlement, you will only be able to transfer the funds out after the sell orders settle (T+2, between 12pm to 5pm AEST).
When you submit your transfer request before 2:30pm AEDT on business days, your funds transfer is processed on the same day and the funds should be in your nominated bank account the next working day.
After 2:30pm AEDT on a business day or on a non-business day, your instruction will be processed at 2:30pm the next business day.
Please note that the cut-off on non-settlement days and shortened ASX trading days such as Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve is 12.30pm AEDT.
To transfer shares to your Bell Direct account, follow these steps:
1. Determine where the shares are held: at another broker or at a share registry.
2. Fill up the right transfer request form:
For shares from another broker: once logged in, go to Forms in the My Account tab and fill up the Broker to Broker Transfer Request form.
Your details at the other broker must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to complete an Off Market Transfer Request form (found in Forms in the My Account tab once logged in) (at a cost of $55 per holding).
For shares from a share registry: once logged in, go to Forms in the My Account tab and fill up the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form.
Your details at the share registry must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to contact the share registry to change the details before submitting the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form.
All the request forms can be found on My account tab once you have logged in.
If you are in the process of opening a new online share trading account with us, you will have the option to transfer a HIN across during the online account setup process.
3. Send us your signed request form by:
Email at email@example.com
Mail to Bell Direct, GPO Box 1630, Sydney NSW 2001
Once we’ve received it we’ll transfer the shares into your Bell Direct account within 3 days.
You can also watch our tutorial video:
Ranked No 1. for overall client satisfaction by our toughest critic. You.
Investment Trends investors surveys have ranked us No1 for Overall Client Satisfaction 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019.