The Aussie share market is set to open higher, with the futures suggesting a 0.3% lift, taking the market to another record all time high.
What to watch today:
- In economic news, inflation data will be released on Wednesday. It is expected to show a 3.8% rise in inflation over the year in the last quarter.
- The oil price lifted slightly to US$72, continuing to bounce back from last Monday’s fall.
- The copper price rose 2.7%, while iron ore rose over 1%. Following these gains, BHP in New York lifted 1.1%, so it is expected that Australian listed commodity stocks will also do well today.
- Mining and energy stocks given oil and iron ore rebounds.
- Health club business Viva Leisure (ASX:VVA) was reiterated as a Citi BUY stock, with a slimmer $2.50 price target, implying 38% share price growth in a year.
- BrainChip (ASX:BRN), Damstra (ASX:DTC) and FireFinch (ASX:FFX) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.