The futures are hinting that the Aussie market will rise 0.4% at the open. All eyes will be on travel and tourism stocks, with bookings on rise ahead of Easter, while also being supported by the governments incentive.
What to watch today
- Expect some caution as AstraZeneca’s vaccine was paused for use in France, Germany, Ireland and the Netherlands over blood clot concerns. This is important to watch as Australia has purchased 54 million doses.
- Investors will be watching the RBA Minutes to hear what the RBA says as to why the Aussie bond yields hit a 2-year high, as well as house price index data.
- Separately except commodity stocks to be mixed today as Gold rose 0.6% to US$1,730, Silver rose 1.6%, Copper trades flat, Lithium stocks rose in the US overnight, while the Oil price fell 0.5% to US$65.29.
- The iron ore fines price, the most traded, staged a rebound while the iron ore spot price rose 2.7%.
- Following Vitalharvest Freehold Trust (ASX:VTH) hitting a new record high yesterday, Bell Potter restated the stock as a Hold on the basis of its strong share price growth.
- Keep an eye on Woodside (ASX:WPL), a Macquarie, Credit Suisse and UBS Buy stock, benefitting from higher oil prices.
- Pilbara Minerals (ASX:PLS), Shaver Shop (ASX:SSG) and Reece (ASX:REH) are all giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.