Investing in Managed Funds (mFunds) – Everything you need to know
Invest online in managed funds with Bell Direct & mFund
Now you can invest in managed funds using the same platform as your shares, with your Bell Direct account and mFund.
mFund is an ASX service powered by CHESS settlement that allows you to buy and sell units in managed funds with the same security and reliability as any other ASX investments.
When you invest in Australian managed funds, you can access:
- Instant diversification: Diversify your portfolio by accessing a range of usually restricted assets.
- Specialised strategies & expertise: Invest in new markets, asset classes and strategies: international and domestic, sector based and strategy oriented whilst benefiting from specialist expertise of investment managers.
- Fast and convenient online transactions: No paper, no application forms – use your existing trading account with Bell Direct to place fast online orders and benefit from standardised settlements through CHESS.
- All your investments in one place: Track and manage your ASX mFund investments in the same place as your share portfolio, with consolidated and easy-to-read reporting.
New advanced mFund filters
Our new advanced mFund functionality enables you to review performance, prices, charts and fund information. You can filter your selection by:
- Asset class
- ICR (Indirect Cost Ratio)
Managed funds FAQs
mFund is the settlement service provided by ASX to enable investors to buy and sell units in unlisted managed funds directly with fund managers via their Bell Direct trading account.
The service uses CHESS settlement system to automate and track the process of buying (applying for) and selling (redeeming) units in managed funds. Investors’ holdings in these funds are held electronically and can be linked to the same HIN used to hold other investments transacted through ASX, such as shares.
Investing in online managed funds with ASX mFund is similar to investing in equities. Simply place an order online through our Managed Funds order pad. No need to provide any additional paperwork. Funds will settle through your existing Direct Investment Account.
To invest, follow these 3 steps:
- You can either login to your account and research ASX mFund products from the Managed Funds page, read the fund profile and the PDS; or to search by asset class, sector or other attributes, visit the ASX mFund page.
- When you’re ready to invest, choose the ‘Managed Funds’ option on the Order Pad and place your order online.
- Your new mFund units are transferred to your CHESS holdings and you’ll see them in your portfolio.
To sell your managed funds units, go to the Managed Funds order pad, choose the ‘Sell’ option and enter the quantity you plan to sell.
– For trades placed on Bell Direct website, the brokerage is $30 or 0.1%, whichever is greater
– For trades placed over the phone, the brokerage is $60 or 0.2%, whichever is greater