To open a trading account with us, you will need to be over 18 years old with an address in Australia.
Follow these simple steps:
1. Join Bell Direct by clicking on the Open an account button and enter the information needed. We will send a temporary password to your email address.
2. Once you have finished your online application, take a picture of your ID documents and your signed application form and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can print and submit your completed documents and forms by:
Fax : +61 3 8663 2799
Snail mail at: Bell Direct, GPO Box 1630, Sydney NSW 2001
If your documents are complete, we will open your trading account in 3 working days.
You can deposit funds electronically by either:
BPay: simply use the Biller Code and your BPay Number
Electronic transfer: use your BSB and Account Number
The timing of your funds deposit reaching your Bell Cash Trust is dependent on your bank's processing time.
If your deposit instruction was completed before your bank's cut-off time, your funds will normally be in your Bell Cash Trust the next business day.
To withdraw funds, simply visit the fund transfer section in your account and submit a funds tranfer request online at anytime.
Your available transfer balance takes into account your cash balance and any buys pending settlement and open buy orders you have at the time of processing your transfer request.
When you submit your transfer request before 2:30pm AEST on business days, your funds transfer is processed on the same day and the funds should be in your nominated bank account the next working day.
After 2:30pm AEST on a business day or on a non-business day, your instruction will be processed at 2:30pm the next business day.
To transfer shares to your Bell Direct account, follow these steps:
1. Determine where the shares are held: at another broker or at a share registry.
2. Fill up the right transfer request form:
For shares from another broker: fill up the Broker to Broker Transfer Request form
Your details at the other broker must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to complete an Off Market Transfer Request form (at a cost of $55).
For shares from a share registry: fill up the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form
Your details at the share registry must exactly match the details you have with us to allow the transfer. If shares are currently held in a different name, you will need to contact the share registry to change the details before submitting the Issuer Sponsored Conversion Request form.
All the request forms can be found on My account tab once you have logged in or on the Forms and brochures section on the registration page.
If you are in the process of opening a new account with us, you will have the option to transfer a HIN across during the online account setup process.
3. Send us your signed request form by:
Email at email@example.com
Fax at +61 3 8663 2799
Mail to Bell Direct, GPO Box 1630, Sydney NSW 2001
Once we've received it we'll transfer the shares into your Bell Direct account within 48 hours.
You can also watch our tutorial video:
You may reset your Password on the 'Sign in' box by clicking on “reset password”.
Then type in your email address, click the “Reset” button and we will email a new password to you.
If your account has been locked, please call us on 1300 786 199 and we will assist with unlocking your account.
If you need a new PIN, please contact us on 1300 786 199.
To change your:
- Contact details – email, mobile/phone/work/fax numbers and preferred method of contact: update them directly on My Account tab after login to your account
- Residential and postal address: visit the Forms & brochures page or login to your account and click on Forms in My Account tab to fill the 'Change of Address' form
Alternatively, contact us on 1300 786 199 for assistance.