The ASX200 is eyeing a lift of 0.3% at the open.
The World Health Organisation said global daily COVID-19 have now dropped for 5 straight weeks, and US cases are at their lowest level since October.
Frontline health workers and those in aged care will be the first to receive one of the 162,000 Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines that arrived in Australia yesterday, a part of the 20 million doses Australia ordered.
The RBA minutes will be released today.
- NAB (ASX:NAB) reported quarterly earnings rose 1% to $1.65 billion and unaudited statutory net profit hit $1.7 billion in the December quarter.
- Breville (ASX:BRG) announced its half year net profit jumped 29% in the half year, supported by strong revenue growth from the shift to working from home (WFH).
- Adairs (ASX:ADH) half year profit skyrocketed 233% to $43.9m benefiting from WFH, what’s key is online sales now contribute about 40% of group sales.
Local trading ideas:
- UBS upgraded Altium (ASX:ALU) from a hold to a buy with a $34.00 target.
- Incitec Pivot (ASX:IPL) was upgraded by UBS with a new $2.85 target.
- Accent Group (ASX:AX1), ReadCloud (ASX:RCL) and Nickel Mines (ASX:NIC) are giving off bullish charting signals according to Trading Central.