The Aussie share market is set to open lower, with the futures suggesting a fall of 0.1% or 9 points.
What to watch today:
- So far this reporting season, 80% of companies that have released their results, have met or exceeded guidance.
- JB Hi-Fi (ASX:JBH) reporting NPAT growth of 67.4% to $506.1 million in the 2021 financial year, in line with expectations.
- GPT Group (ASX:GPT) reported net profit soared 246% to $760.5 million, beating expectations of $291.7 million profit growth.
- Also set to report today: Beach Energy (ASX:BPT) and Lendlease (ASX:LLC). BHP (ASX:BHP) will report tomorrow.
- The oil price is trading 0.4% lower at US$68.17 a barrel.
- The gold price is up 0.1% to US$1,780, and the iron ore price is slightly higher up 0.1% to US$167.95
- Economic news this week: Tomorrow, BRA meeting minutes will be released. Employment data is out on Thursday, with unemployment expected to rise to 5% from 4.9%.
- Bell Potter upgraded its price target on Liontown Resources (ASX:LTR), from $0.61 to $1.33.
- Hazer Group (ASX:HZR), Silver Mines (ASX:SVL), and Duratec (ASX:DUR) are all giving off bullish charting signals, according to Trading Central.