The ASX200 is eyeing a lift of 0.8% at the open.
The S&P500 and NASDAQ gained 1.6% and 2.6% respectively.
GameStop shares fell 32% after it gained 400% last week.
What to watch today:
- Commbank (ASX:CBA) reported a 0.2% increase in its mandatory capital following the sale of its life insurance business.
- The oil price gained 2.8% with Saudi’s supply cuts kicking in. Demand is also likely to rise as one of the worst snowstorms hit the northwest US.
- The RBA will meet for the first time this year with rates expected to hold at 0.1%.
Local trading ideas:
- Mesoblast (ASX:MSB) was reiterated as a speculative buy by Bell Potter with a $5.10 target, implying 102% growth from yesterday’s close.
- Healius (ASX:HLS) was upgraded by UBS from a sell to a buy with a price target of $4.40.